DCMSCU get series

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

manoindia2020

DCMSCU get series

#1 Post by manoindia2020 »

Hi,

I have no clue how to implement the retrieving of series descriptions of particular patient Id.

I retrieved patients Id,name. One clicking the patient the application has to show the image series available for that patient Id.
I tried

Code: Select all

DcmDataset findParams; 
    findParams.putAndInsertString(DCM_QueryRetrieveLevel, "IMAGE");
    findParams.putAndInsertString(DCM_PatientID,<PATIENT_ID>);

result = DicomSCU->sendFINDRequest(cxID, &findParams, &responses); 
May I know whats the exact method. I don't have much knowledge in dicom.

Can u please point out any document or sample?
with regards
Manoj Kumar D

omarelgazzar

Re: DCMSCU get series

#2 Post by omarelgazzar »

manoindia2020 wrote:Hi,

I have no clue how to implement the retrieving of series descriptions of particular patient Id.

I retrieved patients Id,name. One clicking the patient the application has to show the image series available for that patient Id.
I tried
Your query is not correct. If you are on the patient level, then you should use patient ID to query for information on the study level (your next query level). After you get the list of studies, you select the study and use the PatientID and StudyInstanceUID to query for information on the series level. When you get a series, use the PatientID, StudyInstanceUID, and SeriesInstanceUID to query for information on image level. In other words, your query should contain a value for unique key attributes of each level above the query retrieve level.
May I know whats the exact method. I don't have much knowledge in dicom.
Can u please point out any document or sample?
You can find such information in the DICOM standard PS3.4 C.4.1. For more information about the required, optional and unique attributes for each level in the query/retrieve information models, look at DICOM Part 4 annex C.