Cannot get SeriesDescription key with findscu?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

zagwin

Cannot get SeriesDescription key with findscu?

#1 Post by zagwin »

Dear Dcmtkers,

I query data using following cmd:
findscu.exe -P IP port -aec COMMON -k 0008,0052=SERIES qryall.dcm -k 0010,0020=patientID

then I got several .rsp files, and then I read these files. However I cannot
get series description keys. But I can got PatientName, StudyID, StudyDescription, Modality, StudyDate, SeriesInstanceUID, etc.

I also checked the aryall.dcm, it does include DCM_SeriesDescription key.
I read some image in these series, the image does include SeriesDescription key.

anybody can explain this for me? Thanks a lot!
Matt

omarelgazzar

#2 Post by omarelgazzar »

The series description attribute is optional key if you query on the series level using the patient root Q/R information model (see DICOM Part 4 C.6.1.1.4). A C-FIND SCP may not support the existence of an optional key, or support its existence in the find response but without supporting matching its value or may support its existence and matching as a required key (read DICOM part 4 C.2.2.1.3). So, it seems that the PACS you are querying does not support optional keys. Look at the conformance statement of the PACS to know which optional keys are supported.

zagwin

#3 Post by zagwin »

Thank a lot, I used the dcmqrscp.exe as a PACS, yes, it does not support the series description key.

Thanks

omarelgazzar wrote:The series description attribute is optional key if you query on the series level using the patient root Q/R information model (see DICOM Part 4 C.6.1.1.4). A C-FIND SCP may not support the existence of an optional key, or support its existence in the find response but without supporting matching its value or may support its existence and matching as a required key (read DICOM part 4 C.2.2.1.3). So, it seems that the PACS you are querying does not support optional keys. Look at the conformance statement of the PACS to know which optional keys are supported.
Matt