How to download files to local from PACS?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

visDicare

How to download files to local from PACS?

#1 Post by visDicare »

Hi all,
I want to download the files which found by user to local from PACS, and I tried the example:http://support.dcmtk.org/wiki/dcmtk/how ... cu-example, but it just call the sendMoveRequest(...), and the next steps are what?
When I use the scu.sendMOVERequest(presID, MOVEAPPLICATIONTITLE, &req, NULL); and I set MOVEAPPLICATIONTITLE to "localHost", and I get the below message:

Code: Select all

I: Requesting Association
I: Association Accepted (Max Send PDV: 16340)
I: Sending C-ECHO Request (MsgID 1)
I: Received C-ECHO Response (Success)
I: Sending C-FIND Request (MsgID 2)
I: Received C-FIND Response (Pending)
I: Received C-FIND Response (Success)
I: Sending C-MOVE Request (MsgID 3)
I: Received C-MOVE Response (Unknown Status: 0x211)
W: Status is 0x0211 (unknown)
W: Will not wait for further C-MOVE responses
I: Received study #     : 99
I: Releasing Association
why I get the message "I: Received C-MOVE Response (Unknown Status: 0x211)"?

Would you like help me? Thanks

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Does the Move SCP know about the application entity "localHost"? This is important because the SCP must be able to map this AE title to an IP address and port number. See DICOM standard for details on how the Query/Retrieve Service works.

Btw, the status code 0x0211 means "Unrecognized operation" but is only used for DIMSE-N messages (as far as I can see) and not for C-MOVE. This status code is generated by the Move SCP, so I'm curious which one are using?

visDicare

#3 Post by visDicare »

Thanks for answer me!

In fact, I do not know the Move SCP if know about the AE title "localHost", are there some ways to decide it?

How do I set the AE title?

Fix this issue, I think it will help a lot of people!

Thanks again!

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

I'm sorry but that's the way the retrieve phase using C-MOVE works: The Move SCP has to know how to map the move destination AE title to a "real" system, i.e. IP address and port number (for TCP/IP). This has to be configured on the receiver side (Move SCP). There's nothing you can do on the sender side (Move SCU, your DCMTK code).

visDicare

#5 Post by visDicare »

Thanks a lot !

You mean that I need to configure the IP and port (local mechine, my PC) and then define an AE title on the PACS? The AE title as a move destination AE title.

After that, I send the AE title to the Move SCP, and it can map the move destination AE title to a "real" system?

visDicare

Re:

#6 Post by visDicare »

J. Riesmeier wrote:I'm sorry but that's the way the retrieve phase using C-MOVE works: The Move SCP has to know how to map the move destination AE title to a "real" system, i.e. IP address and port number (for TCP/IP). This has to be configured on the receiver side (Move SCP). There's nothing you can do on the sender side (Move SCU, your DCMTK code).
Would you like tell me how to configure on the receiver side(Move SCP) ? Thanks a lot

Roadrunner

Re: How to download files to local from PACS?

#7 Post by Roadrunner »

Would you like tell me how to configure on the receiver side(Move SCP) ? Thanks a lot
You only need a storescp; like this:

Code: Select all

storescp 104
which starts a storescp at port 104. The DCMTK storescp retrieves every connection from your server with

The DCMTk storescp accepts all connections with any AE-Title and saves the content to a file.
-v -d -od -aec -aet are parameter which are interesting for you.
You get a help screen with sorescp -h

Frank

visDicare

#8 Post by visDicare »

Hi Frank,
Thanks a lot, I will try it .

visDicare

#9 Post by visDicare »

Thanks Frank,

Your idea can meet my requirment!