3.6.1 getscu

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

JustSomeGuy

3.6.1 getscu

#1 Post by JustSomeGuy »

I've noticed a few things about getscu.
1) it seems to have a dependancy on libiconv.2.dylib which on macs is not always in the same directory as where getscu is looking for it.
2) +B option, when I used it created corrupted binary files with what I believe have extra nulls at the end of the file.

I'm curious as to what getscu does in terms of file creation:
Does it receive data to a file and then rename it? i.e. filexxxxx.tmp ---> filexxxx.dcm
Or does it simply write the data to a file and then close it?

I'm asking because I have one process (getscu) that populates a directory and another process that polls the directory for files that haven't changed in 10 seconds...

Is there any discussion as to when a binary distribution of 3.6.1 will be availabe on the web site?

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: 3.6.1 getscu

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,
JustSomeGuy wrote:I've noticed a few things about getscu.
1) it seems to have a dependancy on libiconv.2.dylib which on macs is not always in the same directory as where getscu is looking for it.
Probably you only have that dependency if you build enable iconv during the build process (or it is enabled since it is found on that system). Also, I guess it is only referenced if you build shared libraries, since getscu does not link directly against libiconv as far as I can say, but against the dcmdata library which again links against (if enabled during compile time) libiconv.
2) +B option, when I used it created corrupted binary files with what I believe have extra nulls at the end of the file.
I cannot confirm that behaviour on my system (current 64 Bit Debian on x86), neither with +B nor -B switch.
I'm curious as to what getscu does in terms of file creation:
Does it receive data to a file and then rename it? i.e. filexxxxx.tmp ---> filexxxx.dcm
Or does it simply write the data to a file and then close it?
If you use +B, the file is created with the final filename in the very beginning and then grows with every packet received over the network.
Is there any discussion as to when a binary distribution of 3.6.1 will be availabe on the web site?
Nope :-)

HTH,
Michael