DICOMDIR

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

daniele

DICOMDIR

#1 Post by daniele »

Hello,

I have create my dicomdir using DCMTK but when I try to visualize the dicom file whit a dicom wiever I do not see nothing. Why? where I can mistake? I can see only patient name study date...all dicom tag but i cannot see the image :(

The DICOMDIR file and the images.dcm are written in a support cd or dvd.

Thanks.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

A DICOMDIR does not contain images (except for icons which are encoded in some application profiles), it only refers to images on the same storage medium.

daniele

#3 Post by daniele »

Marco Eichelberg wrote:A DICOMDIR does not contain images (except for icons which are encoded in some application profiles), it only refers to images on the same storage medium.
In my cd there are the DICOMDIR and all images it refers. When I open DICOMDIR file with a dicom wiever I can see the tree that display me patients and studies ( dicom's tags ) but when i click on a image the dicom wiever don't display it. This is my problem.
I think the problem is that the DICOMDIR not refers correctly to dicom images? Is possible?

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Yes of course this is possible, depending on the command line options you use with dcmgpdir/dcmmkdir. Check how the file paths are stored in the DICOMDIR and whether or not this matches the actual file paths on the storage medium.

daniele

#5 Post by daniele »

Marco Eichelberg wrote:Yes of course this is possible, depending on the command line options you use with dcmgpdir/dcmmkdir. Check how the file paths are stored in the DICOMDIR and whether or not this matches the actual file paths on the storage medium.
Hi Marco,

my command line options is:

dcmmkdir.exe -v +id E:\ImmaginiIn +r +D E:\DICOMDIR

When DICOMDIR is created I write in a support cd all dicom images in E:\ImmaginiIn and the DICOMDIR file. But when I try to see the images into cd whit dicom viewer...there is something of mistaken!

where mistake?

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#6 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Try "dcmmkdir.exe -v +id E:\ +r +D E:\DICOMDIR ImmaginiIn" in order to make sure that the DICOMDIR includes the directory "ImmaginiIn" for all file references.