DCMTK conformance statement

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

nikkoara

DCMTK conformance statement

#1 Post by nikkoara »

As a user of DCMTK software, is there a DCMTK conformance statement that I could cite and/or refer to from my own conformance statement? I have seen conformance statements referring to DCMTK as the implementation and listing the DCMTK_OFFIS_version as well as the Implementation UID but not more than that. Thanks.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: DCMTK conformance statement

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Since the DCMTK is a toolkit that allows you to do anything with it (i.e. implement any DICOM service you want, with a varying choice of options) there is no DICOM Conformance Statement available. Some of the (network) command line tools have a "Conformance" section in the corresponding man pages, which could build the basis for a real Conformance Statement...

Nevertheless, there are of course many DCMTK-based systems out there, which require a DICOM conformance statement. Some of these Conformance Statements were actually written by one of the DCMTK team members. So, you could either write the document on your own (since the complete source code of the DCMTK is available) or you could ask one of us for help.

Btw, there's also an entry in the FAQ.