Calculate Distance

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

ziashahid

Calculate Distance

#1 Post by ziashahid »

hi all!

can anyone tell me, how to clculate distance between two points on DICOM image.

it is very urgent

regrads

zia

markw

#2 Post by markw »

I am just guessing, but since you know the pixel spacing in the x/y direction for the image (taken from the DICOM tags), can't you just do a basic distance between two points calculation using that information?

sqrt((x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2)

Mark

ziashahid

#3 Post by ziashahid »

dear Mark!

Many many thanks for ur response. I am able to calculatethe distance using x/y co-ordinates , but the problem is that how could i found the appropriate tags defining x/y coordinates of two points (these points have been chosen by me). there is one reason also, pixel spacing tags are different for different images (e.g. CR,CT,MR) , so how could i able to find appropriate tag for any image. please help in sorting the problem.

I am using DCMTK 3.5.3 (VC++ 6.0). can u plz give me any idea to do this.

Thanks again

Regards
Zia

markw

#4 Post by markw »

Sorry ziashahid, I wish I could tell you which tags to read based on the modality, but I don't know outside of MR. I'm sure the DICOM standard states which tags to expect based on the modality. You may also want to try the google groups page for DICOM:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.protocols.dicom

I think that forum is more for DICOM specific questions,

goodluck

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#5 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Just to close this topic, a fairly comprehensive answer to the question raised in this thread was provided in the usenet discussion group. The related usenet thread is available here.