DICOM @ OFFIS

Discussion Forum for OFFIS DICOM Tools - For registration, send email with desired user name to the OFFIS DICOM team
It is currently Wed, 2018-04-25, 06:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon, 2015-12-07, 16:32 

Hi,

I would like to make this group aware of the recent article preprint we published jointly with some of the DCMTK developers discussing an application of using DICOM for quantitative imaging research.

Fedorov A, Clunie D, Ulrich E, Bauer C, Wahle A, Brown B, Onken M, Riesmeier J, Pieper S, Kikinis R, Buatti J, Beichel RR. (2015) DICOM for quantitative imaging biomarker development: A standards based approach to sharing of clinical data and structured PET/CT analysis results in head and neck cancer research. PeerJ PrePrints 3:e1921 https://doi.org/10.7287/peerj.preprints.1541v1

We use DICOM segmentation storage, real-world value mapping and structured reporting objects to communicate clinical data and analysis results for PET/CT analysis.

The article is accompanied by open source source code of the software tools used, documentation for the specifics of how DICOM was used and on the private reporting templates we developed, and the sample DICOM datasets, both for the source imaging data and the derived objects, all publicly available.

We would welcome your feedback -- directly by emailing the authors, leaving it on the article feedback page, or on this forum.

We hope this resource will be helpful to the DICOM and DCMTK communities.

AF

PostPosted: Mon, 2015-12-07, 17:13 
DCMTK Developer

Hi Andrey,

thanks for pointing this out to the DCMTK forum users! I've made this thread "sticky" so it stays longer on the top of the page. I hope you do not mind :wink:

Regards,
Jörg

PostPosted: Mon, 2015-12-07, 17:25 

Quote:
I've made this thread "sticky" so it stays longer on the top of the page. I hope you do not mind :wink:

I certainly don't - thank you!

PostPosted: Wed, 2016-06-01, 19:27 

Peer-reviewed (shortened) version of this article has been published:

Fedorov A, Clunie D, Ulrich E, Bauer C, Wahle A, Brown B, Onken M, Riesmeier J, Pieper S, Kikinis R, Buatti J, Beichel RR. (2016) DICOM for quantitative imaging biomarker development: a standards based approach to sharing clinical data and structured PET/CT analysis results in head and neck cancer research. PeerJ 4:e2057 https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.2057