DICOM (and DCMTK!) for quantitative imaging research

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

afe

DICOM (and DCMTK!) for quantitative imaging research

#1 Post by afe »

Hi,

I would like to make this group aware of the recent article preprint we published jointly with some of the DCMTK developers discussing an application of using DICOM for quantitative imaging research.

Fedorov A, Clunie D, Ulrich E, Bauer C, Wahle A, Brown B, Onken M, Riesmeier J, Pieper S, Kikinis R, Buatti J, Beichel RR. (2015) DICOM for quantitative imaging biomarker development: A standards based approach to sharing of clinical data and structured PET/CT analysis results in head and neck cancer research. PeerJ PrePrints 3:e1921 https://doi.org/10.7287/peerj.preprints.1541v1

We use DICOM segmentation storage, real-world value mapping and structured reporting objects to communicate clinical data and analysis results for PET/CT analysis.

The article is accompanied by open source source code of the software tools used, documentation for the specifics of how DICOM was used and on the private reporting templates we developed, and the sample DICOM datasets, both for the source imaging data and the derived objects, all publicly available.

We would welcome your feedback -- directly by emailing the authors, leaving it on the article feedback page, or on this forum.

We hope this resource will be helpful to the DICOM and DCMTK communities.

AF
Andrey

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: DICOM (and DCMTK!) for quantitative imaging research

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Hi Andrey,

thanks for pointing this out to the DCMTK forum users! I've made this thread "sticky" so it stays longer on the top of the page. I hope you do not mind :wink:

Regards,
Jörg

afe

#3 Post by afe »

I've made this thread "sticky" so it stays longer on the top of the page. I hope you do not mind :wink:
I certainly don't - thank you!
Andrey

afe

#4 Post by afe »

Peer-reviewed (shortened) version of this article has been published:

Fedorov A, Clunie D, Ulrich E, Bauer C, Wahle A, Brown B, Onken M, Riesmeier J, Pieper S, Kikinis R, Buatti J, Beichel RR. (2016) DICOM for quantitative imaging biomarker development: a standards based approach to sharing clinical data and structured PET/CT analysis results in head and neck cancer research. PeerJ 4:e2057 https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.2057
Andrey