Problem of Dicom Push

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

sam24666806

Problem of Dicom Push

#1 Post by sam24666806 »

Hi, I'm a beginner of DCMTK.

My main purpose is making a simple dicom file managing system by DCMTK and Sqlite in my work station.

I try to trace storescp.cc for receiving dicom files in same series (dicom push(C_STORE)) from PACs and it's works fine.

But I encounter a question.

The question is that I want to find the loss slice(s) of current dicom series but I can't get any information from C_STORE ack(list recording the sended series or etc. ).

All I know is all sended dicom files will be sended in one association, i.e. I only can check loss slice located in 0~n-1(Assume n dicoms in this series).

So I can't check the loss slice of dicom series.

What should I do for check loss dicom files.

Thanks.
Mail : sam24666806@gmail.com

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

Re: Problem of Dicom Push

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

This information is not available through C-STORE (Storage Service Class). There is no guarantee that all images of one series will be sent in one association (some devices create multiple associations), and there is also no guarantee that all images received in one association belong to one study, or even one patient.

Furthermore, DICOM does not have the concept of a "complete" series, outside the MPPS service which, if available and enabled, will inform the MPPS SCP (which is usually the departmental information system) which images have been created as part of which series.

sam24666806

Re: Problem of Dicom Push

#3 Post by sam24666806 »

Thanks for your reply about this question.

I decide to check the continuity of those files with image number rather than total counts finally.
Mail : sam24666806@gmail.com