wlmscpfs question

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

roydobbins

MPPS SCU implementation

#16 Post by roydobbins »

Thomas:
(or anyone else interested in worklist)

As we had earlier discussed, I am in the process of implementing the MPPS SCU package.

This has gone reasonably well and I have a working executable, which has allowed me to do some basic testing for my particular application, which briefly is:
query a worklist server for worklist entries for a given application entity (and more refined, particular station, etc)
later, send the N CREATE, N SET, etc messages as the imaging is performed.
at the same time the images are of course also transmitted to a PACS.

I am not yet ready to release this code, the main reason being is that there has been very little validation of either the request side or the response side.

I see this as being two major tasks:

MPPSSCU must validate any dataset it is about to transmit to the peer, for conformance to the standard (ie, are all required data elements present, and no disallowed elements, are all elements of a valid format within the limitations of the standard), and also validate any response dataset

similarly, the MPPSSCP service must also validate any received request
for conformance.

The first part of this validation falls under the mppsscu app, and this is the main question I want to put to you

Can you briefly comment on this validation? Is it desirable, helpful to include this in the app itself, or should it be left to the SCP handling the request? How exhaustive, complete should this validation be?
:?:

As a test framework, I have hacked (considerably) the wlmscpfs app, to in the first place deliver the worklist which are editable via a web browser.

In the second place wlmscpfs also accepts the N CREATE and N SET messages, and edits the worklist entries in place on the file system
(this gets over some of the difficulties which have already been discussed elsewhere in this forum).

However, once the worklist has been changed in this way with the modality performed procedure step, it is also necessary to make the website perl CGI code compatible. This is doable, but messy. I have some but not all of this perl code in place -- still outstanding is the ability to accept (variable length) performed series sequence
This necessitates changes to wlmscpfs.cxx, readwlst.cxx, writwlst.cxx, and for the website, workedit.pl, etc
I dont know if these changes could be made such as to not break any of the existing app, but if I can make it so that extra parts of the worklist entries can either be read/written if they are there or otherwise ignored,
would there be any interest in the enhanced code :?:

Any comments, suggestions, guidance would be very welcome

Thank you
Regards,
Roy