How to receive UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

sam24666806

How to receive UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass

#1 Post by sam24666806 »

As title.

I encounter some trouble about receiving UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass DICOM from other program I called A.

Some one will use the program A to send DICOM files with tag MediaClassUID being equal to UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass.

In my program, I try to add this tag to legal presentation by function ASC_acceptContextsWithPreferredTransferSyntaxes().

(I add UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass into dcmAllStorageSOPClassUIDs array.)

And then I use program A to sent a DICOM with UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass to our PACS, it show error Error: SCU Failed: DIMSE No valid Presentation Context ID.

What should I modified my code for receiving UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass DICOMs ?

Thanks all.
Mail : sam24666806@gmail.com

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: How to receive UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

My first questions is: Why do you want to send an object of this private SOP Class?

In order to answer you question "What should I modified my code for receiving UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass DICOMs ?" I would need to know more details about your program.

sam24666806

#3 Post by sam24666806 »

J. Riesmeier wrote:My first questions is: Why do you want to send an object of this private SOP Class?

In order to answer you question "What should I modified my code for receiving UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass DICOMs ?" I would need to know more details about your program.
Hi,

At first, I want to appreciate your reply.

I know the tag UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass is not formal representation ID in DICOM.

But I will receive some DICOM files that UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass is in MediaSOPClassUID from other program.

I think the author of the program forgot to modify tag MediaSOPClassUID in the program.

Unfortunately, I need to storage those wrong tag DICOM files to my PACS.

I will modify the tag to correct one.

So, what should I do for receive those wrong DICOM files ?

Thanks all.
Mail : sam24666806@gmail.com

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

As far as I remember the value of UID_PrivateGenericFileSOPClass is used for the file meta information header when a DICOM dataset without "SOP Class UID" is stored as a DICOM file.

In order to come back to your original question or report ("it show error Error: SCU Failed: DIMSE No valid Presentation Context ID"): did you already check which Presentation Contexts (combination of SOP Class and Transfer Syntaxes) have been negotiated between SCU and SCP? If not, please do so.