autoconf

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Shaeto

autoconf

#1 Post by Shaeto »

hi, i have noticed that Makefile.in (master) lib deps for some subprojects does not contain rule updates for new source files, for example fgparametricmapframetype.o, fgframeanatomy.o etc

do you have plans to get rid of autoconf and switch to cmake only ?

update: in dcmpmap/libsrc/Makefile.in dpmtypes.o is duplicated

Jan Schlamelcher
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

Re: autoconf

#2 Post by Jan Schlamelcher »

Shaeto wrote:hi, i have noticed that Makefile.in (master) for some subprojects does not contain rule updates for new source files, for example fgparametricmapframetype.o, fgframeanatomy.o etc
I would guess that someone forgot to add them, I think at least fgparametricmapframetype.cc is generated code, so that probably explains it.
Shaeto wrote:do you have plans to get rid of autoconf and switch to cmake only ?
Yes, in general, such a plan exists. Not prior to DCMTK 3.6.3 though and only after all autoconf related features have been added to our CMake scripts.

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: autoconf

#3 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Regarding "get rid of autoconf": Yes, there are plans/ideas but there is no final decision yet. E.g., I personally prefer Autoconf on Unix-like operating system. Others in our team prefer CMake...

Regarding missing or double object files in "dcmpmap/libsrc/Makefile.in": Thank you for the report. It seems that the sample and test tools compile even without them (using Autoconf). Jan, will you fix this or report it to Michael?