DICOM @ OFFIS

Discussion Forum for OFFIS DICOM Tools - For registration, send email with desired user name to the OFFIS DICOM team
It is currently Mon, 2018-04-23, 18:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri, 2017-12-01, 12:50 
Offline

Joined: Mon, 2015-02-02, 11:40
Posts: 6
Hello All,

The problem that I have encountered recently occured under below circumstances:

Environment:
OS: Windows 10 Pro
System locale settings: Polish
dcmtk version: 3.6.2 and 3.6.0
dcmodify.exe started via cmd.exe

Test data:
Sample dicom file of DX modality
0008,0005 = ISO_IR 101

I have following problem:

When trying to modify (0008,1030) tag and set it's value to "śnieżny opis", only "nieżny opis" can be seen in output dicom file. I tried executing chcp 1250 and chcp 65001 before executing dcmodify to adjust codepage of cmd.exe, unfortunately it didn't help. The other polish national characters that are lost after using dcmodify are: ą, ź.
For me it looks like some charset/encoding conversion problem. Probably more like encoding because I noticed that tags' output values depend on the place where 'ś' or 'ź' is used- sometimes 'ś' or 'ź' is skipped and sometimes it's becoming some unreadable character. Command that I use for testing:

dcmodify.exe -i "(0008,1030)=śnieżny opis" "1.dcm"

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Greetings
Michal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, 2017-12-01, 13:14 
Offline
DCMTK Developer

Joined: Fri, 2004-11-05, 13:47
Posts: 1665
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Hi,

we also had problems when playing around with the Windows Code Page settings on the command line.

Maybe you can first check whether it's actually a code page problem. I would use an editor and put the desired name value into a text file, using the desired character set. Then use dcmodify's -if (insert from file) option to insert the name value via the text file. In order to check what is in the resulting file, use dcmdump and redirect output to a file, e.g. dcmdump new_file.dcm > output.txt. Check the text output file in your editor again (with correct character set enabled in editor).

If this works without problems, the problem is "just" the command line character set input or ouptut.

Best,
Michael


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group