Issues with dcmtk Qtcreator and visual studio

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

MED_G

Issues with dcmtk Qtcreator and visual studio

#1 Post by MED_G »

Hello,

Since couple of weeks before, I was faced some issues with dcmtk for my project.

In the begin, it was a compilation problem, but next it went fine, so I compile successfully the library.
but, when I tried to integrate if in my project environment, a lot of problem was appeared.
Now, I'm totally blocked, even I tried many Qt creator version, Visual studio 2010, 2013, 2015, 2017
yes, it seems weired !

My operating system is always Windows 7 32 bits, even I back to windows xp :p

Please, let me explain the issues :

- In the first step, I used dcmtk 3.6.2 64 bits, visual studio community 2015 + Qt extension, so it allow me to create Qt application under vs; but when I compile a lot of error shown.
so, I tried with dcmtk 3.6.2 32 bits, now a new error, related to function which are changed in this version, in comparison with code written using dcmtk 3.6.0
-When, I tried 64bits, architecture target problem, since the Qt package installed under visual studio, is compatible only with 32 bits, so vs, Qt package and dcmtk build must be in the same architecture.
- The second problem is with compilation project, when I tried to use Qt creator with mvs2015 32 bits as kit / compiler , jom.exe could not work, and compilation failed.

also, when I tried to compile dcmtk for MinGw, I didn't found a tutorial, even always I'm using cmake, this doesn't work, I can't generate the bin files.

My goal is to compile and execute my project under windows 7, using dcmtk
now, I'm trying to use Qt creator / MinGw under ubuntu.

any recommendation ?

Thank you

Jan Schlamelcher
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

Re: Issues with dcmtk Qtcreator and visual studio

#2 Post by Jan Schlamelcher »

I see we have already discussed the UNICODE issue in another thread, so I assume you've fixed this one. Compiling DCMTK for/with MinGW is the same as with any other UNIX like compiler. Under Windows just use MSYS Makefiles as the CMake Generator and run 'make' inside MSYS. When cross-compiling from Ubuntu you also need Wine for running the configuration tests (since, of course, MinGW creates .exe files that can't be executed natively under Ubuntu).