I'm playing with the PDF2DCM utility as I want to add a PDF to an existing study and have some general questions about multiple page PDFs and their corresponding SOPInstanceUIDs:
- I have a StudyInstanceUID of 184.108.40.206.5.6 containing three series, each series having 10 instances.
- I have a four page PDF that I would like to add to this study
- Do I need to create a SOPInstanceUID per page within the PDF, or just one for the entire PDF?
- If I have more than one PDF to assign to this study, is it advisable to create one multi-page PDF and then convert that one larger file into its own series, or perform pdf2dcm individually to each PDF and attach each as it's own series? (This last one makes more sense to me, but I can't find a conclusive answer online)
- I believe that it doesn't break any DICOM standard to have a series listed under a study that doesn't follow the same UID hierarchy, as long as the UID is (u)nique, correct? As in, under StudyInstanceUID 220.127.116.11.5.6 I can have a series named 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124