SR query on Echo U/S (looking for instruction/guidance)

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

S.Luna

SR query on Echo U/S (looking for instruction/guidance)

#1 Post by S.Luna »

Hello all,

Currently I’m enrolled in a Master’s of Health Informatics and my project deals with US (echocardiograms) measurements as I am a trained Cardiac Sonographer. This question may be very rudimentary for this forum, but I simply lack the technical knowledge for this matter and haven't found specific answer in the many resources at the main website.

What I need to know is how to query an SR file for a particular measurement (eg: Ejection Fraction by Simpson’s). I assume I will need the specific attributes of the value (which I can get from the DICOM conformance statement), but I am simply at a loss on t technical aspects required (ie: DICOM tool/software to be used).

Any resources and / or guidance in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

If more information is needed to answer this question I will be happy to provide it.

Santiago

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: SR query on Echo U/S (looking for instruction/guidance)

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Where you find the desired measurement(s) in the SR document depends on the Template that was used to create it, e.g. TID 5200 "Echocardiography Procedure Report" or TID 5300 "Simplified Echo Procedure Report".
As a tool from the DCMTK, I would recommend dsr2xml, assuming that you are more familiar with XML than with the binary DICOM format.