sample server using DcmScp

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Soumya Basheer

sample server using DcmScp

#1 Post by Soumya Basheer »

Hi,
I am trying to create a sample server using DcmScp. I could find a sample client using DcmScu in the below link
https://support.dcmtk.org/redmine/proje ... wto_DcmSCU
Is there is a server sample corresponding to this client. It will be very helpful.

I am developing a server app but face issues with move request, while we get move request in server we have to send store request to client and have to handle the file movement. I used storescp.exe in client side and storescu.exe in server side. Is there is any sample doing this? or help me to do this?

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: sample server using DcmScp

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

there is no sample for this, sorry. The only Q/R server in DCMTK is in the dcmqrdb module (dcmqrscpfs), but it is not based on DcmSCP but directly on the "traditional" C API.

Best,
Michael

Soumya Basheer

#3 Post by Soumya Basheer »

Thank you for your replay.
I am extending the DcmScp for handling the find,move requests. While I get the move request, I used DCMStorageScu for sending dicom files to client, but I failed to transfer a file compressed using JpegLSLoseless.
I got the below warning message
"transfer syntax uses a lossless compression but we are not allowed to decompress it, so we are not proposing any uncompressed transfer syntax including the Default Transfer Syntax, which might result in a violation of the DICOM standard if it is not proposed in another presentation context"

Could you please guide me how can I send the compressed file using DcmStorageScu.

Thanks in Advance.

Soumya

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

the warning message does not mean that the file has not been transferred. I think there is no way to avoid the warning besides enabling automatic decompression (using this API method).

Maybe my DCMTK colleague Jörg might comment on this if there is another way.

Best,
Michael

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#5 Post by J. Riesmeier »

The above mentioned warning message is a consequence of the requirement (specified in the DICOM standard) to always propose the Default Transfer Syntax (Implicit VR Little Endian) for each and every SOP Class unless the SOP Instance to be transferred is only available in a lossy compressed format. This requirement has been relaxed only recently in cases where the decompressed pixel data would exceed the 32-bit length limit (i.e. more than 4.2 GB of pixel data).