can DcmStorageSCU update tags before it sends?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

feldman_joel

can DcmStorageSCU update tags before it sends?

#1 Post by feldman_joel »

greetings,

i would like to use DcmStorageSCU to update a few dicom tags before it sends the image. can this be done using this class? i see the method addDataset exists for this class, but i would like to read an existing tag and modify a tag before i send the image and not copy in an entire new dataset. any help would be appreciated.

cheers,

joel

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: can DcmStorageSCU update tags before it sends?

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

I don't think that this functionality should be provided by the DcmStorageSCU class. Why don't you modify the DcmDataset instance before you call DcmStorageSCU::addDataset()? Since this method expects a pointer to the DICOM dataset there is no copying involved.

feldman_joel

#3 Post by feldman_joel »

thank you for the response. how do you modify the DcmDataset before DcmStorageSCU::addDataset() is called? i use DcmStorageSCU::addDicomFile() to load the image i want to send. i then want to modify a few tags for the image before i send, so how to i get access to the dataset from the image i just opened by using DcmStorageSCU::addDicomFile()?

best regards,

joel

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Don't use addDicomFile() but addDicomDataset() instead. Modifying the DcmDataset instance works with the various putAndInsertXXX() methods of the DcmItem class.