Bad override key/path on Linux

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

kumarm

Bad override key/path on Linux

#1 Post by kumarm »

Hello J. Riesmeier,

I have developed a small test application on Linux platform using DCMTK Linux version 3.6.3. In order to avoid the external loading of data dictionary on Linux platform, I have built the DCMTK 4.6.3 with macro ENABLE_BUILTIN_DICTIONARY set to "1" in osconfig.h file. I am using "PerformQuery" API of DcmFindSCU class for C-Find request and getting following error message:

ERROR; dcmtk.dcmnet ; Bad override key/path: (0008,0052)=STUDY: Corrupted data
ERROR; dcmtk.dcmnet ; Find SCU Failed: 0001:0006 Corrupted data

When I set the environment variable DCMDICTPATH in project setting and execute the test application, No error message shown. C-FIND request works successfully.

Is there any other macro to be set on Linux platform for DCMTK Library build in order to completely avoid the setting of environment variable DCMDICTPATH?

Thanks
Manoj

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: Bad override key/path on Linux

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

You should enable support for the builtin data dictionary by setting the respective configure option for Autoconf or CMake (see datadict.txt), recompile the DCMTK and install it. In addition, I would recommend that you check in your program whether the data dictionary is really "loaded" by calling dcmDataDict.isDictionaryLoaded().