findscu and radiopharmaceutical tag (0018,0031)

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

mparamas

findscu and radiopharmaceutical tag (0018,0031)

#1 Post by mparamas »

I need to query Siemens PETCT console directly for PT scans for the day with radiopharmaceutical (dose) information. Findscu's results do not contain this tag, in STUDY and SERIES levels, perhaps due to the vendor's implementation. Is pulling images (one image per series) via movescu and looking at the header (via dcmdump) the only way? What are my options?

Thanks in advance.

Sundar

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: findscu and radiopharmaceutical tag (0018,0031)

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

the tag you mention belongs to the PET image level, i.e. you have to query down with findscu to the IMAGE level. Also, it is inside the Radiopharmaceutical Information​
Sequence (0054,0016). I would try to query that Sequence with empty value with findscu (findscu -k IMAGE -k "(0054,0016)" -k SOPInstanceUID -k StudyInstanceUID=... -k SeriesInstanceUID=... <ip> <port>).

If you don't get a response for that, then your only option actually is to download the images and analyze the header with dcmdump or something similar.

Best regards,
Michael

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#3 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Consulting the DICOM Conformance Statement of the Siemens system would also be helpful in order to check which DICOM attributes (query keys) the SCP supports.

mparamas

#4 Post by mparamas »

Even at IMAGE level query, I did not get a response to the sequence -k "(0054,0016)". I can check into DICOM conformance statement for findscp, but given my task at hand, pulling image and looking into DICOM header in my only option. Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it.