DCMTK program compiling errors

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

jyothir07

DCMTK program compiling errors

#1 Post by jyothir07 »

Hi all,
I had a very tough time figuring out building x64 version of dcmtk from source on cmake- VS 2019- windows 8.1, linking libtiff and libpng. after so much of searching and following the instructions for installation, i have build the dcmtk_x64 without any error. I used the include files and additional libraries in the C++ program, but building the program throws errors like this:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C2679 binary '+': no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'dcmtk::log4cplus::tstring' (or there is no acceptable conversion) dcm_test C:\DCMTK\include\dcmtk\oflog\tracelog.h 59

i changed the character set from unicode to multi-byte but still i get this error.
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2028 unresolved token (0A0005A8) "public: void __cdecl dcmtk::log4cplus::helpers::SharedObject::addReference(void)const " (?addReference@SharedObject@helpers@log4cplus@dcmtk@@$$FQEBAXXZ) referenced in function "private: void __cdecl dcmtk::log4cplus::helpers::SharedObjectPtr<class dcmtk::log4cplus::spi::Filter>::addref(void)const " (?addref@?$SharedObjectPtr@VFilter@spi@log4cplus@dcmtk@@@helpers@log4cplus@dcmtk@@$$FAEBAXXZ) dcm_test E:\Sree_Files\C++\dcm_test\dcm_test.obj 1

Can anyone help me figuring this out. My intention is to convert dcm to tiff at the fastest way possible. Thanks in advance

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: DCMTK program compiling errors

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

You might want to try a recent version of the DCMTK that includes this commit: http://git.dcmtk.org/?p=dcmtk.git;a=com ... e2fac5bc2e