Filtering by Manufacturer during C-MOVE

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

bkaczynski

Filtering by Manufacturer during C-MOVE

#1 Post by bkaczynski »

Hi,
I am preparing for migration some studies between DICOM servers (Conquest to Orthanc in this example). In my case the problem will be resolved if I could use movescu command with filtering by manufacturer. E.g:

Code: Select all

movescu -d SOURCE 4242 -aet DESTINATION -S -k Manufacturer="GE MEDICAL SYSTEMS" -aem DESTINATION
or

Code: Select all

movescu -d SOURCE 4242 -aet DESTINATION -S -k "(0008,0070)=GE MEDICAL SYSTEMS" -aem DESTINATION
I receive errors. Filtering by PatientID or PatientName works ok.
Is it something I do wrong or is it limitation of this query model? Is there any other way to achieve the same results?

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: Filtering by Manufacturer during C-MOVE

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

You cannot filter by Manufacturer using C-MOVE (by the way, also PatientName should not work). Only the Unique Keys of the respective levels (PATIENT, STUDY, SERIES, IMAGE) are allowed, i.e. PatientID, StudyInstanceUID, SeriesInstanceUID and SOPInstanceUID.
If you want to filter by Manufacturer, you should first query using C-FIND and then use the corresponding Unique Keys for the retrieve (i.e. MOVE). Your calls of movescu are also missing the QueryRetrieveLevel and the Unique Keys down to the level you are interested in.

Maybe, you'll find this Howto useful in this context: https://support.dcmtk.org/redmine/proje ... th-findscu

bkaczynski

#3 Post by bkaczynski »

Thanks for reply, Howto is very useful.
J. Riesmeier wrote: Mon, 2021-03-15, 19:54 If you want to filter by Manufacturer, you should first query using C-FIND and then use the corresponding Unique Keys for the retrieve (i.e. MOVE).
I am considering the elegant way to pipeline the output from C-FIND to C-MOVE. I am talking about thousands of studies. Is there a way to dump the output of findscu to file which can be passed to movescu as a [dcmfile-in...] parameter?

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

I am talking about thousands of studies. Is there a way to dump the output of findscu to file which can be passed to movescu as a [dcmfile-in...] parameter?
findscu's --extract option should do what you want. However, you have to remove all non-Unique Keys from the C-FIND Response datasets before feeding them into movescu, e.g. Manufacturer.