Questions on pdf2dcm.exe

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tullhead

Questions on pdf2dcm.exe

#1 Post by Tullhead »

Some (maybe) simple questions about pdf2dcm.exe

1. Is pdf2dcm.exe completely self-contained? It does not require any other DLLs or other components from DCMTK, is that correct?

2. If the answer t #1 is yes, then: So, I can run a different (later) version of pdf2cm.exe than the rest of my DCMTK setup, correct?

3. My current attempts with pdf2dcm.exe are intermittent - sometimes works great, sometimes does not work. I'm wondering if a bug has been fixed in a more recent version? I know I'm not giving enough info here - I'm not at the location of my development system).

Tullhead

Re: Questions on pdf2dcm.exe

#2 Post by Tullhead »

-- to add to my queries.....

The older version of pdf2dcm.exe was over 1 MB in size -- I downloaded the latest one and it is 23KB. So, I am thinking that maybe, at least in the new version, it *does* rely on something else that I need to also use. By what?

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#3 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

dcm2pdf that you can download here as part of the 3.6.6 executable windows binaries is not self-contained but links against (some of) the DLLs that are also contained in the download package. However, since the DLLs are in the same directory as the dcm2pdf.exe binary, I think running this binary will automatically use the correct DLL version that resides in the same directory (and not any old versions of the DLLs that are stored somewhere else on your system).

So it should be possible to run both versions of dcm2pdf.exe on the same system as long as you keep the binary bundled with the related DLLs.

I think we had static DCMTK binaries for older releases which did not make use of DLLs, so maybe your old version is a static one. Try dcm2pdf --version on both installed to see which DCMTK version they belong to.

What problems do you encounter with the *new* version of dcm2pdf?

Best regards,
Michael

Tullhead

#4 Post by Tullhead »

Thank you Michael --

Don't know if anythingn wrong with 'new' version yet -- the 'old' version seemed to have intermittent issues.

For 'new' version, I am starting with pdf2dcm.exe and the 27 DLLs in the bin export. Anyway for me to know which of the 27 are needed? I guess I'll work thru removing them one at a time and see when it fails to run....

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#5 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

try DLLS for dcmdata, oflog and ofstd.

Best regards,
Michael