Store SCU TCP I/O Error - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) occurred in routine: writeData

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

michar

Store SCU TCP I/O Error - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) occurred in routine: writeData

#1 Post by michar »

We have recently updated our QR service (based on imagectn) from DCMTK 3.5.3 / VS2008 / 32bit to DCMTK 3.6.5 / VS2019 / 64 bit

The code has remained unchanged and we are able to QR using the new service.

However when multiple retireves (Store SCU) happen in parallel over a combination of LAN and VPNs we get constant failures with:

19/05/21 14:14:35 Store SCU RQ: MsgID 1087(CT)
19/05/21 14:14:35 ERROR: DCMTK: Move SCP: storeSCU: Store Request Failed:
19/05/21 14:14:35 526 DIMSE Failed to send message
0006:031d TCP I/O Error (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) occurred in routine: writeDataPDU

We have checked many times and reverting to our old service (DCMTK 3.5.3 32bit) works fine 100%

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

Re: Store SCU TCP I/O Error - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) occurred in routine: write

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

You might have to check log files on the Q/R SCU side. The error message simply indicates that the network connection was "suddenly" and unexpectedly lost, which could be caused by some network issue, but often simply means that the process receiving the image has crashed, which should leave a trace in the logs somewhere. Other than that, capturing such a session with Wireshark and analyzing the network communication might help, if that is possible.