Do we have TLS support for getscu?

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Aruna

Do we have TLS support for getscu?

#1 Post by Aruna »

Hi,
I would like to confirm regarding TLS support for "getscu" and "movescu". I could see that from the help or documentation, we don't have "Transport Network Options" for either "getscu" or "movescu". Apart for these, i can see those options in echoscu, storescu, and findscu.
I would like to know whether dcmtk has TLS support for getscu?
Thanks!

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: Do we have TLS support for getscu?

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Neither getscu nor movescu support secure communication based on TLS yet (see DCMTK Feature #464).

Aruna

#3 Post by Aruna »

Hi Riesmeier,
Thanks for confirming the TLS support for getscu. Can you please let me know why this support isn't added while for all services(query, store) we have TLS support? Is there any alternatives available in DCMTK to retrieve the DICOM images with secure transmission. I am in need of a function to retrieve the DICOM images with TLS connection. Thanks!

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Can you please let me know why this support isn't added while for all services(query, store) we have TLS support?
This is because most network tools are older than the TLS support in the DCMTK and we've added TLS support only to those tools so far where we needed it.
It shouldn't be too complicated to add TLS support to movescu or getscu, but as I said it is not yet there.

Also see this blog posting: https://blog.jriesmeier.com/2013/03/how ... the-dcmtk/