DCMTK installation and sharing dynamic links

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

yukangSong

DCMTK installation and sharing dynamic links

#1 Post by yukangSong »

When I have compiled and installed DCMTK using Cmake on Linux, do I need to run the command: "sudo ldconfig" to share dynamic links? But when I run this command, why doesn't the terminal print any information? And when I run the "storescp" command, it shows that I have not installed DCMTK, with the following information:
Command 'storescp' not found, but can be installed with:
sudo apt install dcmtk
Is there something wrong with my installation?

J. Riesmeier
DCMTK Developer

Re: DCMTK installation and sharing dynamic links

#2 Post by J. Riesmeier »

Where (in which directory) did you install the DCMTK? Is the "bin" directory in the $PATH? Installing the DCMTK with a CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX of "/usr/local", which is also the default, should usually work out-of-the-box.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#3 Post by Michael Onken »

If you are maybe just in the same directory as the storescp file, you have to enter ./storescp to start it unless the current directory is part of the PATH environment variable. Sorry if that's already obvious for you.

yukangSong

#4 Post by yukangSong »

J. Riesmeier wrote: Wed, 2022-04-27, 18:53 Where (in which directory) did you install the DCMTK? Is the "bin" directory in the $PATH? Installing the DCMTK with a CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX of "/usr/local", which is also the default, should usually work out-of-the-box.
Hello, thank you for your reply, I did not install in "/usr/local" directory, but in "home" directory: "/home/hey/dcmtk-dcmtk-3.6.6-install", what is the impact of this installation? Thank you very much.

yukangSong

#5 Post by yukangSong »

Michael Onken wrote: Wed, 2022-04-27, 21:58 If you are maybe just in the same directory as the storescp file, you have to enter ./storescp to start it unless the current directory is part of the PATH environment variable. Sorry if that's already obvious for you.
Thank you for your reply. It seems that I have not done what you said. May I ask how to do as you said: "The current directory is part of the PATH environment variable". Thank you very much.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#6 Post by Michael Onken »

sure. To add a path to the existing $PATH variable, do this in your command line window:

Code: Select all

export PATH=/your/new/path:$PATH
If you want to make it persistent (i.e. active if you restart your computer or start a new command line window), add the line to your .bashrc in your home directory (if you use bash). You find many tutorials for the PATH topic on the Internet.

BR Michael