storescp unknown timestamp

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jeromekem

storescp unknown timestamp

#1 Post by Jeromekem »

Dear DCMTK-Offis Forum,

Recently I configured a docker container with DCMTK installed (my dockerfile is added below). In my dockerfile, I use 'storescp' to write all my dicom files to a specified directory using '--sort-on-patientname'. The folders now look like this: _<patientid>__<date>__<timestamp>
In python, we are running queries on our DICOMsql database, where <patientid> and <date> can be found. Unfortunately, the exact timestamp used in the DCMTK cannot be found in our database for as far as I know.

Do any of you know where these timestamps are logged? I would really like to find these timestamps, so that I can open the correct files from the correct folders with python.
I hope to hear from you :)

Greetings,
Jeroen

Dockerfile:
------------
FROM debian
RUN apt update
RUN apt install dcmtk -y
CMD storescp --output-directory /mnt/oogergo/eyened/dicom/ --sort-on-patientname --filename-extension .dcm --log-config /mnt/oogergo/eyened/dicom/log/log2file.cfg 14000
---------------

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: storescp unknown timestamp

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

I don't fully understand the question. So the timestamp is in the directory name. Where else do you like to find it? Of course I don't know anything about your SQL database...

BR, Michael

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#3 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

When you run storescp in verbose mode (-v option), then it should print info messages like this:

Code: Select all

I: creating new subdirectory for study: ./NAME_20220502_160819943
You can try parsing these messages to identify the precise directory names.
By default, these messages are printed to stderr, but you can use the --log-config option to modify the behavior of the logger.

Jeromekem

#4 Post by Jeromekem »

Thanks a lot Marco, that helps!