Static Port for storescu

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

bgonzalez17

Static Port for storescu

#1 Post by bgonzalez17 »

Hi,

I need to set a static port for storescu. In my PACS I have to configure the sending port of the storescu to receive the images. The problem I have is that the images are sent but my PACS doesn't receive them because I don´t have a static port, every time it that I sends a new one, it does so on a different ports.

I am using the storescu on Windows.

Could someone help me with this?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Brian.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: Static Port for storescu

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi Brian,

I am not able to understand the problem. Can you post your storescu call? The port of the PACS, that receives the images, should (and very like *is*) always the same once configured on the PACS.

Or do you want to receive images? Then storescu would not be the right tool.

Best regards,
Michael

bgonzalez17

#3 Post by bgonzalez17 »

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for your early reply.

Study one:

Code: Select all

D:\dcmtk-3.6.6-win64-dynamic\bin>storescu.exe 90.168.88.20 5208 -v "C:\Users\brian\OneDrive - 123\Respaldo Brian\DCM\_prueba_prueba__-_10.12.2021_10~37~59_Stress.DCM" -aec ACTUALPACS
I: checking input files ...
I: Requesting Association
I: Association Accepted (Max Send PDV: 16340)
I: Sending file: C:\Users\brian\OneDrive - 123\Respaldo Brian\DCM\_prueba_prueba__-_10.12.2021_10~37~59_Stress.DCM
I: Converting transfer syntax: Little Endian Explicit -> Little Endian Explicit
I: Sending Store Request (MsgID 1, PDF)
XMIT: ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I: Received Store Response (Success)
I: Releasing Association
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ww1Lfu ... sp=sharing

Study two

D:\dcmtk-3.6.6-win64-dynamic\bin>storescu.exe 90.168.88.20 5208 -v "C:\Users\brian\OneDrive - 123\Respaldo Brian\DCM\_11111_pruebas_dcm_-_14.12.2021_13~32~44_Stress.DCM" -aec ACTUALPACS
I: Association Accepted (Max Send PDV: 16340)
I: Sending file: C:\Users\brian\OneDrive - 123\Respaldo Brian\DCM\_11111_pruebas_dcm_-_14.12.2021_13~32~44_Stress.DCM
I: Converting transfer syntax: Little Endian Explicit -> Little Endian Explicit
I: Sending Store Request (MsgID 1, PDF)
XMIT: ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I: Received Store Response (Success)
I: Releasing Association
https://drive.google.com/file/d/118wZJi ... sp=sharing

In this case I am using my PACS and I don´t necessarilly have to use a static port in storescu, but in my client´s PACS if necessary, I have to use a static port to configure tha PACS so that it can receive the studies.

As you can see in the images in the study one, storescu uses port 49955 to send the study to my PACS and study two uses port 49958.

Study between storescu and my client's PACS:

D:\dcmtk-3.6.6-win64-dynamic\bin>storescu.exe 10.7.12.103 2204 -v "C:\Users\brian\OneDrive - 123\Respaldo Brian\DCM\_11111_pruebas_dcm_-_14.12.2021_13~32~44_Stress.DCM" -aet norav -aec campacsFIR
F: Association Request Failed: 0006:031b Failed to establish association
F: 0006:0317 Peer aborted Association (or never connected)
F: 0006:031c TCP Initialization Error: La operaci¾n se complet¾ correctamente.
To use my client's PACS, I need the port that sent from storescu to always be the same. It is possible?

Can I configure the static port for storescu?

I wait for your reply.

Best regards,
Brian

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

sorry, I was busy. You wrote:
As you can see in the images in the study one, storescu uses port 49955 to send the study to my PACS and study two uses port 49958.
I could not see that from the logs you posted.

Usually, only the port of the PACS, i.e. the "listening party", the receiver, is interesting in terms of firewall. Once the connection is established, the "internal" port storescu uses does not play a role. However, I that port is always assigned automatically by the operating system. I know for sure that you cannot configure it for any of the DCMTK tools.

I hope I understood you correctly.

Best,
Michael

bgonzalez17

#5 Post by bgonzalez17 »

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for your early reply.

The images are in the links.

You have understood me well.

The PACS of my clients map to a static port specified in the configuration, both in the PACS and in the storescu. This is why I don't have communication with the PACS, because I can't configure the static port from which storescu communicates with the PACS in Windows.

I attach the photo where you can see the data that I have to enter en my client's PACS.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nutpvi ... sp=sharing

I thought there might be a solution but probably not.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Brian.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#6 Post by Michael Onken »

This is most likely to configure outgoing connections from the PACS, I.e. a system the PACS should send images to. Its unlikely you have to configure this or any port at all for storescu.

BR,
Michael