Encadenated worklist items

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

yunhao.lin

Encadenated worklist items

#1 Post by yunhao.lin »

Hello,
I am new in DICOM and I am still trying to wrap my head around all the concepts. I want to create a worklist. I see from https://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/20 ... t_K.6.html the definition of worklist items. And from https://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/cu ... ter_k.html that worklists are composed of worklist items.
Using DcmDataset I am slowly inserting the different tags and the information, but the question it rises is how do I create a worklist? Is it just a vector of worklist items, aka, vector<DcmDataset>?

Thanks in advance :)

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

Re: Encadenated worklist items

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hey,

if you download DCMTK it will contain files like wklist1.dump, wklist2.dump, etc. Those are DICOM files that each represent a worklist item. In order to serve them using wlmscpfs, convert them to DICOM format first with ending .wl, e.g.

Code: Select all

dump2dcm wklist1.dump wklist1.wl
See also wlmscpfs documentation for more details.

Best regards,
Michael

yunhao.lin

#3 Post by yunhao.lin »

Hi,
I have seem those. From what I see, those worklist contains one workitem each. How can we make a worklist to have more than one workitem?
Michael Onken wrote: Tue, 2023-03-14, 20:37 Hey,

if you download DCMTK it will contain files like wklist1.dump, wklist2.dump, etc. Those are DICOM files that each represent a worklist item. In order to serve them using wlmscpfs, convert them to DICOM format first with ending .wl, e.g.

Code: Select all

dump2dcm wklist1.dump wklist1.wl
See also wlmscpfs documentation for more details.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Michael Onken »

Hey,

the worklist served by wlmscpfs will read all worklist files from a folder (actually even multiple folders). In a single file, you will always have a single worklist entry. At least this is how wlmscpfs implements it. Other tools could of course implement this in a totally different way.

Best regards,
Michael

yunhao.lin

#5 Post by yunhao.lin »

Michael Onken wrote: Wed, 2023-03-15, 12:02 Hey,

the worklist served by wlmscpfs will read all worklist files from a folder (actually even multiple folders). In a single file, you will always have a single worklist entry. At least this is how wlmscpfs implements it. Other tools could of course implement this in a totally different way.

Best regards,
Michael
Hey,
I understand. Thank you for the explanation :)