Configuration file of PRINT SCP

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

guy

#1 Post by guy »

Hi! I know I have already discuss this topic but I'm going to test my print SCU soon and I would like more informations about the configuration file of PRINT SCP.

In the example of dicomscope, we use the dicomscope.cfg file, where can I find more informations about all the parameters I can put for my PRINT SCP, is this defined in one of the 14th part of the DCMTK...

For example, if I want to add the support of Basic Color Print or Annotation ... As I see the dicomscope.cfg and others configuration files, I think there is a sort of dictionnary of using terms...

Another point I would like to light on, in dicomscope.cfg, it's noticed :
- Hostname = localhost
- Type = LOCALPRINTER
- FilmDestination = STOREDPRINT

I know the Ip port of my PRINT SCP, where does I shall noticed the IP adress of my PRINT SCP in this file ? at the place of TYPE ?

And for FilmDestination, I would like my PRINT SCU to print really on film, do I have to changed it ?

thanks

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

The various parameters of the dicomscope.cfg configuration file are explained in the file itself; the same file is also available in the DCMTK source code distribution in dcmpstat/etc/dcmpstat.cfg.

A peer type "LOCALPRINTER" means that DICOMscope will start a Print SCP process for this virtual printer. A peer type of "PRINTER" refers to a remote printer to which DICOMscope can print through the Print SCU.

Support for the Basic Annotation Box SOP Class can be configured (although both the Print SCU and Print SCP in DICOMscope only support a simplified use with a single annotation instance per film box). There is no support for color. The "FilmDestination" setting only specifies a symbolic name that has nothing to do with the real destination. The Print SCP provided with DICOMscope never prints to a real printer, it only creates Stored Print files. If you want to print to a real printer, you will need a real printer that implements a DICOM Print SCP.

guy

#3 Post by guy »

If i ask you that, as I said in the post message, I will test my print SCU with a real printer, a real PRINT SCP !! Wonderfull!