wwwapp instalation

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

meandog

wwwapp instalation

#1 Post by meandog »

wwwapp.txt, INSTALLATION part, 3-rd paragraph "INSTALL FILES":

b) Then copy all executables from dcmtk/dcmwlm/wwwapps to the same directory: preplock, readoviw, readwlst and writwlst.

I made compilation and installation with all available modules, but I can't find these executables required for proper wwwapp operation. Do I need to compile them separately, if so how to do this? Maybe I need to add some configuration directives somewhere to compile these apps along with dcmtk?

Thanks in advance

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hm, I just tried under linux with 3.5.4 and they get built without additional configuration. Did all other files compile? (apps and src directories)?

Regards,
Michael

meandog

#3 Post by meandog »

Did all other files compile? (apps and src directories)?
Well, here is the list of available executables in "bin" directory after compilation and installation:

dcm2pnm dcmgpdir dcmpsmk dcod2lum storescp
dcm2xml dcmj2pnm dcmpsprt dconvlum storescu
dcmcjpeg dcmmkcrv dcmpsrcv dsr2html termscu
dcmconv dcmmkdir dcmpssnd dsr2xml wlmscpfs
dcmcrle dcmmklut dcmqridx dsrdump xml2dcm
dcmdjpeg dcmodify dcmqrscp dump2dcm xml2dsr
dcmdrle dcmp2pgm dcmqrti echoscu
dcmdspfn dcmprscp dcmquant findscu
dcmdump dcmprscu dcmscale movescu
dcmftest dcmpschk dcmsign pdf2dcm

But where are preplock, readoviw, readwlst and writwlst? As from wwwapp.txt I thought these executables would be compiled and stored in dcmtk source directory wwwapps, but all I can find there are source files (*.cc).
I didn't mention that I configured dcmtk with command:
./configure --prefix="/med"
So my installation is not in default place on the system, maybe that's the problem?

meandog

#4 Post by meandog »

finally I found the answer: executables mentioned above had been compiled succefully, but when I finalized installation with "make distclean" command these executables were deleted. Sorry for bothering you :oops:

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#5 Post by Michael Onken »

You're welcome :wink:

catchesides

#6 Post by catchesides »

I have a similar probem with Mac OS 10.4.5 and DCMTK 3.5.4 - preplock, readoviw, readwlst and writwlst don't appear in the target directory after running "make install".

However, unlike meandog's experience, these executables are missing even before I run "make distclean".

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#7 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

The worklist server web form support tools (preplock, readoviw, readwlst and writwlst) are not installed by "make install" because they don't belong into the end user's path where make install should install files to. You have to install them manually following the instructions in dcmwlm/docs/wwwapp.txt, the same also applies to the Perl scripts in dcmwlm/perl. However, the tools should be compiled when you run "make". Check if the compiler has produced any output in dcmwlm/wwwapps.

catchesides

#8 Post by catchesides »

Marco,

Thanks for the prompt reply - I had misunderstood meandog's post.

As you say, the executables are indeed in the /dcmwlm/wwwapps/ directory before you run "make distclean".

Many thanks,
Tom

qimo601

Re:

#9 Post by qimo601 »

Michael Onken wrote:Hm, I just tried under linux with 3.5.4 and they get built without additional configuration. Did all other files compile? (apps and src directories)?

Regards,
Michael
Hi michael,

I have compiled DCMTK3.6.120120831 on win7.
I can only find readoviw, readwlst and writwlst, but no preplock.exe in bin\debug directory.

why???

I have also compiled DCMTK3.6.0 by build all. no error,but there's no these four executables。

can any body tell me the reason?