about worklist

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

joyli

about worklist

#1 Post by joyli »

Tk has a wlmscpfs,it provides two DICOM_service ,c_echo and c_find

it implements worklist provider;

if I Implement wrklist,but not use wlmscpfs,I'd like to use imagectn which has c_echo and c_find too.

is it correct?

Thomas Wilkens
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Thomas Wilkens »

Joyli,

it is correct that wlmscpfs implements the DICOM worklist management service as a service class provider (SCP) (=server). For this purpose, the application supports receiving and sending C-Find messages. As an SCP, the application also supports receiving and sending C-Echo messages, which belong to the DICOM verification service class though, C-Echo has nothing to do with DICOM worklist management.

I dont quite understand whether you want to implement the DICOM worklist management service as a service class user (SCU) (=client) or as a service class provider (SCP) (=server). No matter what you want to do though, I would like to make you aware of the following:

- the imagectn is a simple image archive;
- it acts as an SCP for the DICOM verification service class, that is why it supports receiving and sending C-Echo messages;
- it acts as an SCP for the DICOM query/retrieve service class, that is why it supports receiving and sending C-Find messages;

Please note: the C-Find messages that are sent to/by imagectn have NOTHING to do with the DICOM worklist management service!! They are part of the DICOM query/retrieve service class, which is a totally different service.

If you need to implement something within the scope of the DICOM worklist management service, the application you should pay attention to is wlmscpfs, not imagectn.

Best regards,
Thomas Wilkens

joyli

#3 Post by joyli »

DICOM worklist management service class is same as DICOM verification service class ,query/retrieve service class and other DICOM service class ,they belong to DICOM Service Class.though they are different .

I want to implement the DICOM worklist management service as a service class provider (SCP)

both imagectn and worklist implement "findprovider" as findscp.
so as my opinion they are same . findscp is a part of imagectn, I think this part maybe act as worklist.

imagectn findscp ------- root/level --------(patientroot/patientlevel studylevel ..... studyroot/studylevel serieslevel..... and psonly)

worklsit findscp ------- has no queryroot/level.

Thomas Wilkens
DCMTK Developer

#4 Post by Thomas Wilkens »

I don't quite understand what you are trying to tell me. I suggest that you read about the DICOM query retrieve service class (Annex C in part 4 of the standard) and about the DICOM worklist management service class (Annex K in part 4 of the standard). This should make it clear that these things are two _different_ services that only happen to make use of the same DIMSE-C message.

And I can only repeat myself: If you want to implement the DICOM worklist management service as an SCP, the application you should look at is wlmscpfs. wlmscpfs _is_ a DICOM worklist management SCP.