query level

All other questions regarding DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

zsomi

query level

#1 Post by zsomi »

Hi,

I use DCMTK library for my own application, and i want to make a multilevel findscu in it.
I can have a "query level = STUDY" findSCU, and I store the information i got in a structure. In the next level, i try to choose one of theese stored results and make a findSCU with "query level = SERIES and STUDY UID = "...something...".

Does the toolkit support this operation??
And if does, then how??

First i use
UID_FINDStudyRootQueryRetrieveInformationModel abstract syntax
/*
i cant make association with UID_FINDPatientStudyOnlyQueryRetrieveInformationModel abstract syntax , maybe its a bug...??
*/
and i think, i should use another abstract syntax for the series query...

thanks for your unswer

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Does the toolkit support this operation?? And if does, then how??
Yes, the toolkit does support this. Look at the findscu tool, which is essentially only a small wrapper around functions in the network module of the toolkit. This tool allows you to open an association for Study Root FIND and issue a query, and will display the response.
i cant make association with UID_FINDPatientStudyOnlyQueryRetrieveInformationModel abstract syntax , maybe its a bug...??
Possibly, but certainly not one in the toolkit :wink: You should, of course, check that the SCP you are testing against does support Patient/Study Only Q/R - most of them actually do not. Patient/Study only is a rarely used SOP class that has been retired from the standard meanwhile. Use Patient Root or Study Root instead. In any case, you cannot perform any query on Series level with Patient/Study Only Q/R, which is the whole reason of existance for this query model - it is implemented by some (very old) archives that simply do not support queries on series or instance levels. You can identify and download complete studies (or everything belonging to one patient), and that's it.

zsomi

#3 Post by zsomi »

Thanx, I solved the problem:)