Intensity of the output image

Questions regarding the DCMPRINT library, a DCMTK add-on that implements a DICOM Print Management SCP and SCU

Moderator: Moderator Team

Maryam

Intensity of the output image

#1 Post by Maryam »

I'm using dcmprint evaluation software. I try to send a normal grayscale image to the server by following
Command: tcpprt_e –auto 1 image.dcm
I see the result postscripts using GostView. It seems that intensity of all pixels is changed to gray. I also uncomment
MinDensity and MaxDensity in tcpprt.cfg file but the result is still invisible. But when I send a print using IQ viewer, the result postscript is well and I can see the image as it is. Would you help me what mistake I'm doing?

Thanks

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

I used the image you've provided and can confirm that the resulting PS file shows pretty low contrast. The same grayscale impression is created if you convert the image using dcm2pnm without activating the stored VOI window.

A solution for the print client would be to uncomment the VOILUT entry in section "[Image-1]" in the config file "tcpprt.cfg".

Maryam

#3 Post by Maryam »

I applied VOILUT = 1 but it still makes low contrast image. Any other consideration should be made?

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#4 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Are you sure that the option is really active? That means, did you follow the rule "Every entry in the configuration file must begin on the first column (no leading whitespace allowed)" from the documentation header in the configuration file? If so there should be a line "Setting VOI LUT number to 1" in the output of the command shell.

Maryam

#5 Post by Maryam »

It works now. Thanks a lot