DicomPrint Libraries

Questions regarding the DCMPRINT library, a DCMTK add-on that implements a DICOM Print Management SCP and SCU

Moderator: Moderator Team

santosh

DicomPrint Libraries

#1 Post by santosh »

Hi All,

Are these libraries

dcmdata.lib
ijg8.lib
ijg12.lib
ijg16.lib
dcmimage.lib
dcmimgle.lib
dcmjpeg.lib
ofstd.lib
dcmnet.lib
dcmsr.lib
dcmtls.lib

provided by the free dcmtk 3.5.4 package different from the those provided in the DicomPrint evaluation package.
As my project used the dcmtk 3.5.4(free package) and now i am using the dicom print api's in my project and its not building with the dcmtk 3.5.4 free package. Is it that dicom print builds only with the libraries provided with the dicom print evaluation package.

Thanks
Santosh S.B
Santosh S B

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

If I remember correctly, the DCMTK modules that are part of the DCMPRINT package are newer than the modules in the official DCMTK 3.5.4 release. See CHANGES.* file in the DCMPRINT package for details.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#3 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Correct. The latest version of DCMPRINT is, if I remember correctly, DCMPRINT 3.5.4c. In that version, the underlying libraries like dcmdata, dcmimage etc. have been taken from a newer snapshot of DCMTK, probably because some bug in DCMPRINT needed to be fixed in one of the other modules. You can try and combine the DCMTK 3.5.4 release versions with the sources from module dcmprint, or upgrade everything to the latest snapshot version available from our webserver. Sorry for the inconvenience.