Stored Print Object

Questions regarding the DCMPRINT library, a DCMTK add-on that implements a DICOM Print Management SCP and SCU

Moderator: Moderator Team

monish

Stored Print Object

#1 Post by monish »

Hi,

1) Please let me know what is meant by stored print object?
2) How can I create it?
3) Can I create it from an image file (.dcm) file?
3) Does dcmtk has a working PrintSCU?

:D
Thanks in advance,
________
Toyota AE86 specifications
________
roor bong pictures
Last edited by monish on Wed, 2011-02-02, 08:36, edited 2 times in total.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

A stored print object is a SOP instance of the Stored Print IOD as defined in part 3, section A.23 of the DICOM standard. To quote from the standard,
The Stored Print IOD describes all the print parameters to print a single film. The Stored Print IOD contains one or more references to Image SOP Instances. There is a many to one relationship between the Stored Print IOD and the Printer IOD. Images referenced by the Stored Print IOD shall be Preformatted Grayscale or Preformatted Color Images or other grayscale images where all grayscale transformations up to and including VOI LUT have been applied.
A stored print file, along with one or more hardcopy grayscale image files, can be created from one or more monochrome DICOM images using the DCMPSPRT tool in DCMTK. And yes, DCMTK has a working Print SCU named DCMPRSCU, which works in combination with DCMPSPRT. The only significant limitation of that SCU is that it only supports Basic Grayscale Print Management and not Basic Color Print Management.

monish

#3 Post by monish »

Thank You very much for the quick reply.
While looking onto dcmpsprt related files I understood that it looks for configuration settings from a config file.

1) I assume the configuration settings for 'dcmprscu' and 'dcmpsprt' is present in the same config file(dcmpstat.cfg).
Correct me if I'm wrong? If not pls give me pointer or structure of config file expected.

1) Can I run these dcmprscu against any generic SCP for testing purpose(eg: JDICOM) or is it tightly coupled with DICOM Scope?

Expecting early reply,

Many thanks,
________
free wordpress themes
________
Yamaha DT50
Last edited by monish on Wed, 2011-02-02, 08:36, edited 2 times in total.

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

The sample configuration file dcmpstat.cfg indeed contains definitions both for dcmprscu and dcmpsprt (and a few other tools living in module dcmpstat). And yes, with an appropriate configuration you can run dcmprscu against virtually any print SCP. For example the IHE initiative uses dcmprscu as part of their MESA test suite to validate the correct behaviour of DICOM print servers. That means that each IHE conformant print server (which includes commercial products from Agfa, Kodak, Fuji, and a number of other print vendors) has already successfully communicated with dcmprscu.

monish

#5 Post by monish »

Thank You Marco.
________
Honda Deauville
________
marijuana strain index