How to Test an SC image with SMPTE image

Questions regarding the "Consistent Presentation of Images" test suite in the IHE MESA toolkit

Moderator: Moderator Team

payal

How to Test an SC image with SMPTE image

#1 Post by payal »

HOw to Test an SC image with SMPTE image, bits allocated 8, bits stored 8, pixel range 0 to +255, pixel representation is unsigned, Photometric interpretation MONOCROME 2, Rescale slope 1, Rescale intercept 0
payal
Payal

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Are you referring to the IHE MESA CPI test cases?

payal

Yes

#3 Post by payal »

YES i am mentioning about IHE Testcases
Payal

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#4 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

So, what exactly is your question?

payal

hi,

#5 Post by payal »

Thanks for responding immediately,

How to see the attributes of an Dicom image after applying presentation state.
Payal

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#6 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Sorry, I still have no idea what you want to know. Without more details, I won't be able to help you ...

payal

hi

#7 Post by payal »

We got few Dicom images and 17 Testcases of them 104 are "With Presentation state" and with out presentation state.
We Also got a Dicom tool Version 3.0
I made the change to the given dicom image in dicom tool and compare it with the test case but unable to know the result image.
i wanted to know "when we apply the presentation state to the Dicom Image what could be the Result image" ...
E.g Test Case

Image :
SC image with SMTPE pattern(placed in bottom right hand corner), Rows 1280, cols 900, Bits allocated 8 bits stored 8, Pixel range 0 to +255 , Pixel representation in Unsigned, Photometric Interpretation is MONOCROME 2, no Luts.

PState:
Presentation Size Mode: SCALE TO FIT, Displayed Area Top Left Hand Corner 768\388, Displayed Area Bottom Right Hand Corner 1280\900, Presentation Pixel Aspect Ratio 1\1

Result:
Display should be a normal SMPTE pattern
Payal

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#8 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

We got few Dicom images and 17 Testcases of them 104 are "With Presentation state" and with out presentation state.
I guess these test cases are from the 2004 release of the IHE MESA CPI Image Display Test.
We Also got a Dicom tool Version 3.0
If you are referring to the DICOMscope application, the current version is 3.6.0.
I made the change to the given dicom image in dicom tool and compare it with the test case but unable to know the result image.
What changes did you make, and why?
i wanted to know "when we apply the presentation state to the Dicom Image what could be the Result image" ...
The expected result is described in the test plan, usually it's a "normal SMPTE pattern". For some test cases, the expected result is provided as another DICOM images (with .res filename extension).
The expected result could also be visualized using the DICOMscope application (DICOM image + associated GSPS object) ...

payal

HI,

#9 Post by payal »

Thanks for the reply Jorg..

I have uploaded .dcm image and then applied presentation state and noticed changes are been made to that image...
Now i need to compare it with the given .res image...
How should i proceed and what are the things to be considered while comparing it..
Payal