GSDF

Questions regarding the "Consistent Presentation of Images" test suite in the IHE MESA toolkit

Moderator: Moderator Team

omarelgazzar

GSDF

#1 Post by omarelgazzar »

I'm asking about the GSDF function in DICOMscope.
First, I couln't know how can I generate a monitor characteristic file using Verilum.
Second, Does this function mean that I can calibrate the monitor grayscale using software and substitute the hardware calibration tool such as a photometer in order to calibrate the display according to DICOM part 14?

Thank you

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

First, I couln't know how can I generate a monitor characteristic file using Verilum.
I didn't use the Verilum software for years, but as far as I remember there was a button or menu item which allows for exporting the measured characteristic curve (CC) of the monitor to a text file. There is also a sample monitor file for DICOMscope (see download package).
Second, Does this function mean that I can calibrate the monitor grayscale using software and substitute the hardware calibration tool such as a photometer in order to calibrate the display according to DICOM part 14?
Of course, you still need a photometer (or the like) in order to measure the CC but there is no need for a particular graphics adapter with a hardware LUT because the complete GSDF correction LUT is computed and applied by the software (i.e. DICOMscope).