Converting from YBR color space

Questions regarding the DCMJP2K library, a DCMTK add-on that implements support for JPEG 2000 compression (lossy and lossless) in DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

gabe

Converting from YBR color space

#1 Post by gabe »

Hello,

I am currently working for a client that has bought dcmtk and they have DICOM images with YBR color space that are not being converted to DICOM JPEG2000. I looked into the code, and in the cases of ARGB, CMYK and YBR it explicitly returns unknown color space (in the encode() function of the dcmjpeg\libsrc\djeijp2k.cc file). Is there a reason for that? Is there a way around it? Can the image be converted to RGB first and then JPEG2000?

Thank you

gabe

#2 Post by gabe »

Sorry it seems they did not buy it. I do not see the DCMJP2K module and they most probably tried to do workaround themselves. Does your licensed DCMJP2K support conversion from YBR color space images? So I let them know.

Thanks

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#3 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

DCMJP2K does support the compression of uncompressed images using the YBR_FULL photometric interpretation, both lossy and lossless. It does not support compression of uncompressed YBR_FULL_422 or YBR_PARTIAL_422 images, but such images using color subsampling should not exist in uncompressed form anyway.

gabe

#4 Post by gabe »

Ok great. Thank you for your prompt response.