Dcmtk 3.6.0 with libiconv 1.13.1 under Visual Studio

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

andreasb

Dcmtk 3.6.0 with libiconv 1.13.1 under Visual Studio

#1 Post by andreasb »

Hi,

I'm trying to compile dcmtk with the additional libraries (tiff, jpeg, xml2, iconv) as provided on the Download page, using Visual Studio under Windows. I found that the current iconv version doesn't support MSVC builds anymore, at least not out of the box. My question is:
- do we really need this version, or would an older version suffice?
- if we do need it, how do you build it - using Cygwin/MinGW, or do you have support for MSVC?

Thanks,

Andreas

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Did you try to compile/link with the "official" support libraries for Windows, I mean not the source code of the libraries but the binary version?

andreasb

#3 Post by andreasb »

No, I haven't tried this. I'm trying to integrate the new dcmtk in our build system, which builds on different platforms (under Windows VC8/VC9/VC10, 32 and 64 Bit), and checking in binaries for each platform is not really an option.
I would try to use the old iconv version first, and if that doesn't work, to adapt the library - it would be nice though if this had been already done by someone else :)

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#4 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

For DCMTK snapshot versions 3.5.5 and also for the release candidates of DCMTK 3.6.0 we've used libiconv 1.11.1 - this version should still work.

andreasb

#5 Post by andreasb »

Ah, thank you - I will try that version then.