why not give us libraries straight forward

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

moon198831

why not give us libraries straight forward

#1 Post by moon198831 »

Why what I have is only source code of libraries here :? I downloaded dcmt-3.6.0 for about 3 weeks, but I still cannot compile and install it. I reinstall the xcode tools and installed cmake2.8.4, and I typed ccmake -GXcode ../, I got the same error as one post. It's the TIFF error and I just ignore it and generate a project. But the project has no libraries and consists lots of bugs. Oh my God, nobody replies me.
:cry: I have been stuck here for 2 weeks and 3days, come on man.
Can some1 help me? or give me any other sites i can get answers. I wanna an applet to connect to PACS server and retrieve and change and save data. Where can I get examples. OFFIS documentation site is good, all of them are functions without any examples. I'm just a beginner, I need some clear examples to show me how to make the connection, retrieval, modification, saving. Please Please Please help me man/woman/ ladies and gentle men, be mercy, I am stuck almost 3weeks here....

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#2 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

sorry, cannot understand your problems.

So, there is an XCode project generated. You open it in XCode. And then "lots of bugs". Aha. So you need to provide details of your problem here, otherwise nobody can help you.

What you could try first is generating not XCode project files but Unix Makefiles ('cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" ..' or something like this). Then open a konsole, go into your build directory where you generated the Makefiles and enter "make". Tell me what happens then.

We do not give you libraries straight forward because we dont want to spend weeks for compiling DCMTK for every Operating System and version. Do you?

Best regards,
Michael

P.S: I know you are one step further but here is a DCMTK CMake howto in the DCMTK wiki.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#3 Post by Michael Onken »

By the way, another user packaged DCMTK for homebrew, which permits easy compilation and installation, check out his posting (did not try it, though).

Best regards,
Michael

moon198831

#4 Post by moon198831 »

I met a problem, I debugged the libraries and command lines. When i used echoscu, it showed

Code: Select all

cs1-22-35:xcode zy1$ echoscu 143.239.73.204 11112
F: Association Request Failed: 0006:031b Failed to establish association
F: 0006:0317 Peer aborted Association (or never connected)
F: 0006:031c TCP Initialization Error: Connection refused
My Ip address : 143.239.73.204
Port : 11112
what's the reason? does some1 help me?

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#5 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

aha, so it seems DCMTK and the libraries are running -- you see, all not that bad ;-)

The error message means exactly what it says: echoscu tried to connect to port 11112 on the system 143.239.73.204 but nobody was answering.

Are you sure that
- the system (.204) is reachable and not behind a firewall?
- a server is actually running on this address and on this port?

Also, if you say yes to above questions:
- What kind of tool do you actually use as a server?
- If it is a DCMTK tool, how do you start it exactly?

Best regards,
Michael