Compiling on MVS 6 with OpenSSL

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

AndreasKnopke

Compiling on MVS 6 with OpenSSL

#1 Post by AndreasKnopke »

Hello there,

When compiling the dcmnet applications with activated OpenSSL support on Microsoft Visual Studio 6 everything seems to work out (0 errors, some warnings), but the executables won't work. I always get an error message "ordinal number 3XXX not found in DLL 'LIBEAY32.dll'."
When compiling without OpenSSL support, everything is o.k.
My system is XP home edition, the external libraries are the precompiled ones from the Offis download area.

Any suggestions?

regards
Andreas Knopke

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

The tools are probably finding and loading a wrong version of the DLL. Check if there is a (possibly incompatible) version of LIBEAY32.dll somewhere in the search path, e.g. somewhere in c:\windows.

AndreasKnopke

#3 Post by AndreasKnopke »

thanks for your reply.

I found out that there are indeed two versions of Libeay32.dll and SSLeay32.dll on my systems. The ones by OFFIS (dcmtk-3.5.3-win32-i386-support\openssl-0.9.7d\bin) are much younger than the ones in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder by Microsoft.
Does this mean that I have to provide these two dll's along with any OpenSSL capable application and put them into the applications directory to avoid the usage of Microsoft's older libraries?
regards,
Andreas

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#4 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Microsoft does not ship the OpenSSL DLLs. Some other application on your system must have installed them in windows\system32 where they absolutely do not belong because different versions are not API compatible yet have identical names. Welcome to Windows DLL hell :?