Compile errors on W2K using VC++6

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
Message
Author
dave
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri, 2004-11-05, 18:20
Location: Houston, Texas, USA

Compile errors on W2K using VC++6

#1 Post by dave » Fri, 2005-09-09, 19:23

I am trying to compile DCMTK using visual C++ with ALL_BUILD selected as the active project. I've followed the installation directions but get these errors:

<snip>
../../dcmdata\include\dcistrmz.h(44) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
dcistrmb.cxx
dcistrmf.cxx
dcistrmz.cxx
../../dcmdata\include\dcistrmz.h(44) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
dcitem.cxx
dclist.cxx
dcmetinf.cxx
dcobject.cxx
dcostrma.cxx
../../dcmdata\include\dcostrmz.h(44) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
dcostrmb.cxx
dcostrmf.cxx
dcostrmz.cxx
../../dcmdata\include\dcostrmz.h(44) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
<snip>

I then put the absolute path in double quotes within the above files. This produces "permission denied" errors for the same files. I checked the permissions on the folders and files indicated and cannot see any restrictions at all on access.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Dave

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team
Posts: 1238
Joined: Tue, 2004-11-02, 17:22
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Contact:

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg » Mon, 2005-09-12, 11:16

See FAQ #29.

dave
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri, 2004-11-05, 18:20
Location: Houston, Texas, USA

#3 Post by dave » Mon, 2005-09-12, 14:33

Right. Well I had already done that and got the "permission denied" errors for the same files (zlib-1.2.1). Problem is I've checked permissions on the files and they are all wide open.

<snip>
../../dcmdata\include\dcistrmz.h(45) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'C:\DCMTK\dicom toolkit source code and docs\dcmtk-3.5.3\zlib-1.2.1': Permission denied
dcistrmb.cxx
dcistrmf.cxx
dcistrmz.cxx
../../dcmdata\include\dcistrmz.h(45) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'C:\DCMTK\dicom toolkit source code and docs\dcmtk-3.5.3\zlib-1.2.1': Permission denied
dcitem.cxx
dclist.cxx
dcmetinf.cxx
dcobject.cxx
dcostrma.cxx
../../dcmdata\include\dcostrmz.h(45) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'C:\DCMTK\dicom toolkit source code and docs\dcmtk-3.5.3\zlib-1.2.1': Permission denied
dcostrmb.cxx
dcostrmf.cxx
dcostrmz.cxx
../../dcmdata\include\dcostrmz.h(45) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'C:\DCMTK\dicom toolkit source code and docs\dcmtk-3.5.3\zlib-1.2.1': Permission denied
<snip>

This is on W2K so it's fairly easy to check permissions...

dave

dave
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri, 2004-11-05, 18:20
Location: Houston, Texas, USA

#4 Post by dave » Mon, 2005-09-12, 21:02

Making some progress.

Now getting a LNK1181 error: cannot open input file "toolkit.obj"

I've searched my hard drive and I don't have this file. Can someone tell me what it is and where to find it?

dave

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team
Posts: 1238
Joined: Tue, 2004-11-02, 17:22
Location: Oldenburg, Germany
Contact:

#5 Post by Marco Eichelberg » Tue, 2005-09-13, 09:22

There is no file "toolkit.obj" in DCMTK, this is something you must have added somehow. Concerning the "permission denied" problem, it looks as if the compiler was trying to include the directory as a header file, which will not work of course. Once you get it working, please post your experiences (including the solution) here since this may help others experiencing the same problem in the future.

dave
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri, 2004-11-05, 18:20
Location: Houston, Texas, USA

Compile Problem Solved

#6 Post by dave » Tue, 2005-09-13, 17:29

You're right, Marco. When I added the file name, I got much further in the compile process. My mistake completely.

Adding Include files through MC++ under project->settings->C/C++ tab, preprocessor category, and library files through project->settings->link, input category, didn't seem to have any effect. Still got compile and link errors along the way.

However, adding include and lib files through Tools->Options->Directories tab, show directories for either include or library files, then moving these entries to the top of their respective lists, solved all problems. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, Marco.

dave

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest