your C++ compiler cannot handle class templates

Compilation and installation of DCMTK

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vincent Daanen

your C++ compiler cannot handle class templates

#1 Post by Vincent Daanen »

Dear dcmtk users

what's that :shock:

I compile DcmTk 3.5.4 on a linux based pc (gcc -v = 3.4.1) with the following lines :
> ./configure --enable-std-includes --prefix = blablabla
> make
> make install-lib
> make distclean

When I want to compile my small application (which compiles and runs perfect on a MS Win XP pc), I got these errors :

*/usr/GMCAO1/vdaanen-data/dcmtk-3.5.4/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstream.h:76:2: #error DCMTK needs stringstream or strstream type

*/usr/GMCAO1/vdaanen-data/dcmtk-3.5.4/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstream.h:102: error: `strstream' does not name a type

*/usr/GMCAO1/vdaanen-data/dcmtk-3.5.4/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstream.h:103: error: `ostrstream' does not name a type

*/usr/GMCAO1/vdaanen-data/dcmtk-3.5.4/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstream.h:104: error: `istrstream' does not name a type

*/usr/GMCAO1/vdaanen-data/dcmtk-3.5.4/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/oflist.h:58:2: #error Your C++ compiler cannot handle class templates:

*/usr/GMCAO1/vdaanen-data/dcmtk-3.5.4/ofstd/include/dcmtk/ofstd/oflist.h:498:2: #error Your C++ Compiler is not capable of compiling this code

I really do not what to do since the C++ compiler [b]can handle class templates[/b] (I'm also using the Itk toolkit !)

I read the forum and the faq and did what was proposed but nothing change ! :cry: :x

Please help

Vincent

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

You probably forgot to define HAVE_CONFIG_H and/or to include "dcmtk/config/osconfig.h" as the first header file in your sources.

Vincent Daanen

#3 Post by Vincent Daanen »

so
I did this : add
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H and
#include "dcmtk/config/osconfig.h" as the first header file in my main.cpp

but it changes nothing :x

V

nadkio

Help

#4 Post by nadkio »

I try to compile my code but I get the same problem as posted by Vincent Daanen. Can someone help to resolve it.

Please :?: :?: :?:
nadkio

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#5 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

My best guess is that something went wrong during the execution of the configure script. Re-run configure and see whether the script complains about anything. The #error output almost certainly means that cfunix.h (the header generated by configure and included by osconfig.h) does not contain what it should.