Cannot display overlays

All other questions regarding DICOMscope

Moderator: Moderator Team

Yamini

Cannot display overlays

#1 Post by Yamini »

We have some images which have overlay information (Dicom group 0x6000) as a part of that image.
In the dicomscope viewer, I tried to load these images, but no overlays were displayed.

When I try to print the activeoverlays from the presentation layer, it prints that there are 2 overlays.

Also I see that there are 2 overlays in the PresentationActivationLayer and 0 in the ImageActivationLayer.
I tried to deactivate the overlays from the Presentation Layer so that they are present in the image activation layer. But still the overlays are not displayed on the image

Is there any way I can display these overlays on the image ?

Thanks
Yamini

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

Please check first if the problem is fixed in the 3.6.0 version of DICOMscope which is not yet referenced from the DICOMscope web page but available for download from here.
By default, DICOMscope should activate and display all overlay planes when an image is opened, as long as the overlay planes are correct and not missing mandatory attributes (as in some images produced by older SPI-based Siemens modalities). It could also be possible that the overlay planes are present but simply empty (i.e. consist only of zero bits), in which case there is simply nothing to see even if the overlay is enabled. Again, I have seen such images produced by older Siemens modalities.

Yamini

#3 Post by Yamini »

Thanks very much. I have downloaded the latest version of Dicom Scope and tried viewing my images. I can now see the overlays on the images.
Is it possible to share the source code of this yet ?

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#4 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

In fact, we intend to make the source code of DICOMscope 3.6 available on our server but, unfortunately, we haven't had time to do so.

DM

DICOMscope 3.6 source

#5 Post by DM »

Jörg Riesmeier wrote:In fact, we intend to make the source code of DICOMscope 3.6 available on our server but, unfortunately, we haven't had time to do so.
Jörg - I've been sort of waiting for this for a while. It still will happen? :cry:

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#6 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Unfortunately, there's no news on when this will happen. The release of the source code is still on our to-do list.