marking a non-rectangular region of interest on an image

All other questions regarding DICOMscope

Moderator: Moderator Team

nalexander

marking a non-rectangular region of interest on an image

#1 Post by nalexander »

Hi,
I'm just wondering if anyone here could help me with this (should-be) simple task:
I need to outline (fill) the region representing bone tissue in a (single frame) 2D CT image.
My understanding is that I can do this in DICOMscope, and have the markings stored as an overlay. Am I right?
I tried to mark up one image in DICOMscope: I used the polyline and fill, and then saved the file, but then when I opened it again, the layer was gone, and when I tried getOverlayCount() from class DicomImage, it reported 0.
How can I do this so my markings get stored as an overlay?

Thank you very much.

N. Alexander

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

The graphic annotation you've created is stored in a separate object, called Grayscale Softcopy Presentation State (GSPS). DICOMscope does not allow you to create overlay planes - neither in the image nor in the GSPS object. It only displays overlay planes if they are present in the object.

nalexander

#3 Post by nalexander »

Ah. Thank you for the reply. Is there any software out there that I could use to create overlays like this (ie non-rectangular, and stored as overlay data, not integrated with pixel data in the image)? Or is this perhaps only something radiologists/technicians/doctors can do with proprietary hospital software?