Reference Image in SR

All other questions regarding DICOMscope

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gurikar

Reference Image in SR

#1 Post by Gurikar »

HI,
Does structured report viewer should display all the images its referring in report while rendering the SR? I have seen in your viewer it doesnt load the referenced image instances? I feel it makes sense to view the referenced images when i render SR, so that doctor can coorelate the text or annotations or measurments with the actual image.

Regards

Marco Eichelberg
OFFIS DICOM Team
OFFIS DICOM Team

#2 Post by Marco Eichelberg »

That's totally implementation specific because DICOM SR does not specify at all how a SR document should be displayed. The SR viewer in DICOMscope (which uses a HTML rendering similar to the one provided by the dsr2html command line tool in DCMTK) produces a hyperlink for every image referenced in the SR document. A click on that hyperlink will load the corresponding image into the image viewer, which can be used in a split-screen layout next to the SR viewer.

Gurikar

#3 Post by Gurikar »

I see only one SR report(report13.dcm) having hyperlink(reference) to image13.dcm, In other examples there are no real reference image instances. Suppose if SR is comphrensive having annotations(graphic data and graphic type e.g Circle) and measurements and refering to some image(having annotations), So when i click on referenced image(hyperlink) will it display the image with annotation(circle) on it.

Regards

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#4 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

There are a couple of SR documents with image references in srdoc102.zip.

Regarding your question: GSPS objects are displayed, SCOORD content items in the SR document are not displayed by DICOMscope.