Dicom scope 3.o

All other questions regarding DICOMscope

Moderator: Moderator Team

chaitanya

Dicom scope 3.o

#1 Post by chaitanya »

I have the following querries regarding Dicomscope 3.0

1)what is the difference between normal smpte pattern and SC image with SMPTE pattern?

2)For a given DCM image can we create our own .pre and .res images?

3)what is the difference between a frame and a image.When i am opening a .dcm image using dicom scope 3.0 it is being displayed as a frame in the viewer.

4)Using Dicom scope 3.0 where can we check for bits allocated and bits stored for a given .dcm image

Jörg Riesmeier
ICSMED DICOM Services
ICSMED DICOM Services

#2 Post by Jörg Riesmeier »

Are you really referring to DICOMscope 3.0? ... because the current version is 3.6.0.

Here are my answers:

1) The difference is that the latter is a DICOM image (Secondary Capture) and can, therefore, be viewed with most DICOM viewers :-)

2) I guess you are referring to the IHE MESA CPI test cases: The .pre files are GSPS (Grayscale Software Presentation State Storage) objects; the .res are DICOM images. See documentation.

3) A frame is a single frame in a multi-frame DICOM image. An image is a DICOM image SOP instance (i.e. a DICOM object/file that has an image SOP class and, therefore, contains pixel data).

4) This can be checked using the "Create dump" button in the toolbar of the browser. See user manual for details.