Waveform (DICOM-ECG)

Questions regarding other OFFIS DICOM tools

Moderator: Moderator Team

ajan_p

I have a set of data can you help me to extract the lead values

#16 Post by ajan_p »

Hi,
I am trying to plot an ECG from DICOM file . I tried extracting the DCM_WaveformData. I got a set of data. Now i need to extract the lead values. Do we need to use an decoding mechanism to get those values.
The sample binary data is as follows(not complete)
BA00300076FF8BFFA200D3FFAEFF50FF
6200C4001E01C200BA00300076FF8BFF
A200D3FFB2FF58FF6400C2002201C200
AE002E0080FF92FF9700D7FFB6FF60FF
5800B0000001AE00A8002A0082FF97FF

The modality is ECG
Number of Waveform Channels:-12
Number of Waveform Samples:-2400
Sampling Frequency:-240
Waveform Bits Stored:-16
Waveform Bits Allocated:-16
Waveform Sample Interpretation:SS

I 'ld like to know how to segregate the channel and data.
It's mention as C1S1,C2S1,C3S1... CnS1
Can you help me to extract the Data and how to do it.
Thanks & Warm Regards,
Ajan

kstn_hut_hat

Re: Waveform (DICOM-ECG)

#17 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

I also am looking for examples of waveform. Can you help me? How to display waveform? Based on?. I'm starter.

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#18 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

DCMTK does not have an ECG or general DCIOM Waveform viewer.

I know that the pixelmed toolkithas a simple DICOM ECG viewer. Also, I have heard that the company Visus can display DICOM Waveforms in their viewer, and there is a personal edition for free download of their DICOM Viewer (I don't know whether it includes the Waveform feature).

Many years ago I wrote a dedicated Waveform API for DCMTK (no GUI). I can provide the code on request to onken/at/open-connections/dot/de. Note that it is not meant for production use, yet.

Best,
Michael

kstn_hut_hat

#19 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

Michael Onken wrote:Hi,

DCMTK does not have an ECG or general DCIOM Waveform viewer.

I know that the pixelmed toolkithas a simple DICOM ECG viewer. Also, I have heard that the company Visus can display DICOM Waveforms in their viewer, and there is a personal edition for free download of their DICOM Viewer (I don't know whether it includes the Waveform feature).

Many years ago I wrote a dedicated Waveform API for DCMTK (no GUI). I can provide the code on request to onken/at/open-connections/dot/de. Note that it is not meant for production use, yet.

Best,
Michael
Now, i am researching with DCMTK APi. I use DCMTK 3.6.1. But i don't know to use it for read DICOM Waveform. Can you help me? Can you share me Waveform API?
Thanks so much!

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#20 Post by Michael Onken »

As said, send me a mail to the given address and I can provide you with an experimental DCMTK extension.

But you can also read DICOM waveform objects with the standard DCMTK 3.6.1 code. Look into the dcmdata documentation how to read DICOM files and access their content.

Best,
Michael

kstn_hut_hat

#21 Post by kstn_hut_hat »

Michael Onken wrote:As said, send me a mail to the given address and I can provide you with an experimental DCMTK extension.

But you can also read DICOM waveform objects with the standard DCMTK 3.6.1 code. Look into the dcmdata documentation how to read DICOM files and access their content.

Best,
Michael
Sorry, Is this your email: onken@offis.de?. I saw your answer but i don't know how to do. My email is hoanganhtuanctes@gmail.com
Thanks for support!

Michael Onken
DCMTK Developer

#22 Post by Michael Onken »

Hi,

I have sent you a mail.

I am not with OFFIS any more but started a small spin-off called Open Connections. Mails to OFFIS won't reach me though I am in close contact with my former colleagues at OFFIS.

Best regards,
Michael